Monday 1 January 2018

Interweave Knits Winter 2018: A Review


Interweave Knits has released their Winter 2018 issue. Let's have a look at it!





Anchorage Cardigan. Good texture and shaping in this one.





Clinton Creek Hat. I'm liking the concept of a textured band and a stockinette body in a cap.





Dawson City Pullover. A lovely and classic fair isle yoke pullover.





Eagle Island Cardigan. This is a very attractive example of a Cowichan-style sweater, and it's also quite Dude-esque. I like the combination of gray, black, cream and red, as a nice change from the traditional black, grey, and white, or brown, tan, and white.





Elim Poncho. Some really lovely stitchwork in this one. I'm not as thrilled with the shape of this thing, but then I'm no fan of the poncho in general. It does drape well.





Grand Forks Pullover. Strikingly beautiful.





Grayling Cardigan. Another beautiful fair isle piece. I'm not crazy about the belt, which obscures some of the pretty pattern and does nothing to make the sweater sit attractively. Surely it would be better to shape this sweater at the waist.





Ibex Valley Mittens. Love the pinecone design, and these look super warm and cosy.





Iditarod Pullover. Fabulous cable patterns. I so need a broad-shouldered, hunky boyfriend to knit this for. Interested eligible bachelors are welcome to apply!





Klondike Pullover. Very decent piece with some interesting cable work.





Mount Lorne Pullover. So beautiful! That yoke is really fabulous.





Nome Pullover. The front cabling is good. I'm not crazy about the neckline, which is a bit too low and open for a man's sweater.





Rohn Pullover. Another lovely yoked sweater.





White Mountain Ruana. This has some great texture, but these loose, bulky, baggy numbers never really appeal to me much.





Whitehorse Pullover. Not bad, but I would fix those dropped shoulders. The sleeves look so absurdly short.





Yukon River Stockings. Ah, thigh high stockings for the sensible showgirl who wants to dance the can-can in Whitehorse without developing pneumonia. I kid because I love -- these are well-shaped and beautifully cabled, and they would be a good way to add some extra protection in extremely cold temperatures.

4 comments:

  1. I love your observations...very witty! One comment on the Nome Pullover-well, more like the pants worn with the pullover; no sweater, button down, t-shirt or any other garment would make those pants acceptable to wear in public!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly what I thought - his whole outfit is ridiculous. And that beard...The rest of the sweaters are Lovely though!

      Delete
  2. Most of the time I agree with your observations 75-85% of the time. But then Interweave rarely seems to have patterns for a 18 sized woman with a 44DD bust. Regardless, this time you and I are 100%. Thank you for being one of my top knitting blogs to follow.

    ReplyDelete